Thursday, February 15, 2007

Three down, one left

Well, from the looks of the official results at Prairie Fire's website, the poems I sent in were a bust. Maybe I'll hear something positive back, but I definitely didn't win the contest, which means "The Dreamer" is the only outstanding piece of writing I have still out there that might be considered for publication at some point, so far as I know.

All in all it's been a discouraging run of late, to the point where "The Chair" is sitting getting rumpled and creased on top of the cedar chest in my front hallway and I haven't so much as touched on writing anything else since writing that story. For all my prattling on about persistence and perserverence, at the moment I'm feeling a bit run down and disinclined to write anything. Hopefully that feeling will pass (there has been a lot going on for me for quite a while now which has possibly all contributed to my not wanting to write much of anything) and I'll get back on the horse (or back to the desk) sometime soon.

That being said, I'm currently comparing continuing this blog or moving over to MySpace... I like using Blogger, but then again at MySpace I have a pretty awesome Meatloaf track that plays when you go to my page (The Monster is Loose seems so oddly appropriate to both myself, my writing, and the fact that in a couple weeks I get to go to the Meatloaf concert in the city... maybe that will be just the refresher I need to pull myself together and get back to living my life!)

That being said, here's a section from one of the new Bat Out of Hell III tracks that suits both me and the blog...

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm a ticker on a bomb,that you can't turn back
This time
That's right
I got away with it all and I'm still alive
Let the end of the world come tumbling down
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
And if my shadow's all that survives
I'm still alive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home